M.A. Studio Drawing & Painting, University of Wisconsin, Superior WI, 1984.
B.A. Art, University of Minnesota, Duluth MN, 1975.
B.S. Music, University of Minnesota, Duluth MN, 1975.
Selected Exhibitions & Awards
- Duluth Art Institute — Annual Membership Show; yearly.
- Minnesota State Fair —”Red Numbered Boats on Calm Seas,” honorable mention, printmaking division, 2012; Robert Crump Memorial Printmaking Award — “Red Numbered Hulls Dockside,” 2014.
- Northern Printmakers Gallery — Five Master Printmakers, 2014.
- Northern Printmaker’s Gallery, Duluth MN — “The Last Embrace,” People’s Choice Award, 2013.
- Bloomington Art Center, Bloomington, MN, 2009.
- Duluth Art Institute — Arrowhead Biennial Juried Show; multiple years representation. “Broken Man” third place award, 1997.
- Duluth Art Institute — Retrospective, 1987.
- Kruk Gallery, University of Wisconsin, Superior WI — M.A. Graduate Show, 1984.
- Amity Art Foundation, Bhutan Print Portfolio — King of Bhutan: Collection of 26 Printmakers from the Northern Printmakers Alliance in Duluth, MN and Austin, TX — “Fantasy Captured.”
- Northern Prints Gallery, Duluth, MN 2003-present.
- Talley Gallery, Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN, 2006.
- Bemidji Community Arts Center, Bemidji, MN, 2004.
- Phipps Arts Center, Hudson, WI, 2004.
- Tweed Museum of Art, Duluth, MN, 2003.
- St. Peter Arts Center, St. Peter, MN, 2003.
- Ripple River Gallery, Aitkin, MN, 2002.
- Duluth Art Institute, Duluth, MN, 2001.
- MacRostie Art Center, Grand Rapids, MN, 2000.
- College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN, 2000.
- Lizzards Art Gallery, Duluth, MN, 1999.
- “The Image in Relief,” selected examples of relief printmaking produced since 2002 by Tom Rauschenfels, 2010.
- “Trail Guide to the Northland Experience in Prints & Poetry,” Northern Printmakers Alliance and Lake Superior Writers, 2008.
- “Response” Poetry & Prints; Collaboration of Lake Superior Writers and Northern Printmakers Alliance, 2006.
- “Shared Visions” Poetry & Prints; Collaboration of Lake Superior Writers and Artists of the Northern Printmakers Alliance, 2004.
- “The Holy Eucharist” Illustrations, Minnesota Episcopal Environmental Stewardship Commission), 2002.
Rauschenfels’ work is also represented in private collections across the United States and abroad.
Instructor, University for Seniors, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN, 2009-present.
Instructor, Secondary Art & Music, Hermantown Community Schools, Hermantown, MN, 1975-2009.